“The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found.”
– Calvin Trillin
Today’s Minimalist Miscellany focuses on making simple healthful meals, as well as using up leftovers and all that stuff in the back of your pantry.
- If you’re looking for a way to make your leftover pasta more palatable for lunch the next day, check out The Secret to Saving Day-Old Pasta.
- Speaking of pasta, here’s a time-saving lasagna recipe that doesn’t require you to make sauce in advance or parboil the noodles. Add this garlic bread for a treat.
- Have lots of things in your pantry but nothing to eat? Using What’s Already in Your Pantry to Make Amazing ‘Free’ Meals gives advice on using that food up before it goes bad, giving you practically free meals in the process. If you like this idea, consider participating into a pantry challenge.
- I don’t have a toddler, but this idea for make-ahead smoothies sounds awesome enough to use for a quick breakfast for my husband and me.
- This vegan lentil-spinach soup looks delicious and surprisingly easy.